Goodyear will launch its KMAX S & D GEN-2 17.5” and 19,5” Steer and Drive commercial vehicle tyre at SOLUTRANS 2023. With enhanced fuel efficiency, new KMAX GEN-2 will support cost savings and improved ranges across different applications, also for electric vehicles.
Goodyear is enhancing its product range in response to evolving market demands such as growing need for vehicles with lower emissions and the increasing popularity of alternative propulsion systems.
Additionally, many transportation companies continue to seek durability and reliable performance in various weather conditions. They are also interested in potential cost savings and sustainability benefits as well as increased ranges for electric vehicles.
The new Goodyear KMAX GEN-2 S & D 17.5″ and 19.5″ tyres are an ideal choice for both conventional and electric vehicles, improving tyre management for smoother operations. Those tyres deliver the robustness and reliability the range is known for, along with some new features meant to take fleets even further.
Robust, reliable and fuel efficient
The new sizes are based on proven KMAX Technology in combination with robust carcass constructions, and optimised tread design, together with:
- Improved fuel efficiency (Goodyear KMAX GEN-2 S & D 17.5″ and 19.5″ tyres are C labelled in Fuel Efficiency)
- Electric Drive readiness
- High mileage performance in all applications
- Functional versatility in a wide range of services: from Long Haul to Urban Traffic
- Durability in adverse service conditions and extreme climates
- Winter capabilities and life-long traction features, in compliance with new and upcoming regulations
Goodyear KMAX S&D GEN-2 is also packed with the latest commercial vehicle tyre technologies, including RFID connectivity which supports optimal tyre tracking.
Electric Drive Ready
Goodyear KMAX S&D GEN-2 tyres come electric drive ready, meaning they have the ability to handle the increased weight and torque of electric vehicles. The transition to electrified vehicle fleets in both urban and regional settings necessitates the preservation of existing tyre feature while integrating new elements specifically designed for electric vehicles:
- To improve energy efficiency and extend EV range, lower rolling resistance in tyres is crucial.
- Drive tyres with extra tread stiffness enhance torque efficiency.
- Thick rubber sidewall coatings protect against urban wear and tear.
- A robust carcass accommodates EVs’ varying loads, ensuring ample durability throughout tyre lifespan
Maciej Szymański, Marketing Director Commercial Europe at Goodyear: “The KMAX S&D GEN-2 solidifies Goodyear’s position as a forward-thinking player in the market. The launch of the new sizes strengthens our offering, allowing customers for a broader range of applications and improved reliability.”
Visit Goodyear at SOLUTRANS 2023
For a first-hand experience of Goodyear’s innovative solutions for the transport industry, we invite you to visit our stand at SOLUTRANS 2023. You can find the Goodyear stand located in hall 5, location A031.
The new Goodyear KMAX S & D GEN-2 17.5” -19.5” range will be available on the market from January 1, 2023.
Want to advertise here?