Premium tyre manufacturer, Yokohama, returns to Silverstone race circuit this weekend, where it will once again be the official tyre partner to The Classic.
With lockdown restrictions lifted, thousands of historic motorsport fans are expected to descend on the home of British motorsport where they will witness and be involved in a variety of octane-fuelled race and classic car festivities from Friday 30th July – Sunday 1st August.
As ever, Yokohama will host a number of attractions including:
- The Supercar Legends Paddock presented by Yokohama, featuring some of the world’s most stunning and desirable performance vehicles
- The Yokohama Chelsea Skills Zone where children up to 15 years of age can hone their football skills with coaches from Chelsea FC Foundation
- A selection of iconic cars from yesteryear that were fitted with Yokohama tyres as original equipment
- An array of tuned high-performance project cars that have been fitted with Yokohama tyres for maximum performance
- Presentation of the Yokohama Trophy for Club Car of the Show which is awarded to owner of the most exceptional car from the 100+ car clubs in attendance
- Presentation of Yokohama Trophy for FIA Masters Historic Sports Cars where Le Mans-style sports cars and Group 4 period cars from 1962 up to 1974 battle it out head-to-head on the world famous Silverstone circuit
- A display of its latest range of road and race tyres including three ‘classic’ tyres manufactured to modern standards, the ADVAN HF Type D, the A008P and the G.T. Special Classic
Yokohama’s product experts will also be on hand to answer any tyre related queries from visitors.
“We’re looking forward to another action-packed Classic which is one of the most exciting events of the year and the ultimate celebration of historic motorsport,” comments David Seward, managing director, Yokohama HPT. “Motorsport is deeply rooted in Yokohama’s heritage, and where better than Silverstone to showcase our products and meet our customers at the various activities we’ll be hosting for fans of all ages across the event.”
Visitors attending the event can find Yokohama in zone 10 opposite the Village Green
For more information about The Classic or to buy tickets, visit www.sillverstone.co.uk.
Want to advertise here?